How will you round up kids and leaders for VBS? Promotion is key to success.
Get started with some of these ideas:
• Establish a VBS promotion team
• Provide Invitation Postcards for kids to fill out and hand deliver to their friends and other children in the neighborhood where they live.
• Display posters with VBS dates and times in areas visible to parents: classrooms, hallways, bathrooms, and water fountain areas.
• Mail flyers and letters to children who attended your VBS last year
• Enlarge the clip art from the Decorating Made Easy CD-ROM and display in your church. Write on the clip art ways to pray for your church’s VBS, or volunteers needed for VBS.
More promotion strategies can be found in the VBS 2010 Administrative Guide for Directors.
Involve as many people in your promotional efforts as possible to decrease the work and multiply the blessings!