APPLICATION PROCESS FOR SUMMER 2014 IS NOW OPEN.
The quality of Fuge camps is directly related to the quality staff people recruited to serve and work with us during the summer months. Our staff are the "face of camp."
Children and students who come to camp will not remember the details of the program but will remember the staffer who served as their Bible study leader. We are looking for students who have a passion for the Lord, who love students and an eagerness to serve and pass on their faith to the next generation.
We are all about life-change. We want students to experience the love of Christ, to walk with Him and to be committed followers of Jesus Christ. If chosen to work this summer you will work on a team committed to see students experience this life-change.
If you desire to be used by the Lord and serve Him, if you want to influence the next generation, if you are looking for the most rewarding and exhausting experience of your life, we welcome your application!
Please read below carefully, as this application process is different than most camps.
- Our online application is available June 1 through May 1.
- All applicants must complete an online application and have a personal interview.
- We conduct both personal and SKYPE interviews.
- We do both a fall placement (mid-December) and a spring placement. Applicants will be notified of placement either in mid December or mid April.
- Centrifuge and MFuge have age requirements which must be met by all applicants.
- You must turn 20 years of age by June 1st to work Centrifuge or M-Fuge.
- We do not hire high school students. If you are a high school student and are interested in working a Fuge camp in the future, we recommend the Student Leader Apprentice (SLA) program, SLA is a two-week experience for those entering or just completing their senior year in high school. The first week is dedicated to leadership development and Bible study, the second week the student is apprenticed to an Centrifuge or M-Fuge staffer. Nashville offers SLA participants the MFuge experience for their second week. Glorieta Conference Center in Glorieta, NM offers SLA participants the choice between Centrifuge or MFuge for their second week.
Advantages to Working Camp:
- You will build great relationships with campers and will develop life-long friendships with staff.
- You will contribute to the spiritual growth of the next generation of believers.
- You will help to lead hundreds of students to a deeper walk with our Lord.
- Camp provides great life experience for future ministry.
- You make good money! We pay our staff higher wages than other camps.
- Have a vibrant walk with the Lord and maintain a daily quiet time.
- Have a genuine love for students.
- Staffers will lead a daily Bible study for campers.
- Staffers will lead a daily track time.
- Be able to share the gospel and disciple students.
- Help make camp run smoothly and be involved in weekly evaluation of camp.
- Seek and work toward team unity.
- Abide by staff policies as outlined in Statement of Commitment and staff manual.
- All applicants must have an interview to work with us. First, you must complete an online application no matter which interview type you choose.
- After completing the application, you will be notified by email when to return to your application to choose your interview type. We offer interviews at locations scattered across the country as well as the option to do a video conference via SKYPE.
- We preview all applications and will be in contact with you no matter which type of interview you choose to do.
- If you choose to do an interview at one of our locations we have listed, you will automatically be guided through the process of scheduling a date and a time for your interview.
- If you choose to do a video conference interview, and you meet our qualifications, we will call you to schedule a time for us to meet to conduct the interview. No SKYPE interviews will take place before September 30th.
You may request to a SKYPE video interview. This is done on the Interview Location page. This page is populated ONLY after you complete all of your forms in the application. If you do not complete each form of the application you will never see this page. You must log out and wait about 15 minutes before this page will be populated.
If you are want to request a video conference interview simple click on the link and follow the steps.
All applicants requesting to do a SKYPE interview must:
- have a computer with a built in video camera or must purchase a USB video camera with a built in microphone. These can be purchased for less than a tank of gas.
- download or have the SKYPE program on their computer. This can be downloaded for free at www.skype.com.
- send to your interviewer your screen name that you will be guided to create when you set up your SKPYE account.
- be prepared to meet their interviewer at the agreed upon time.
We strongly urge you to practice using SKPYE before your scheduled interview. Getting the video to work correctly can take a few moments. Please have this up and running. We will look at your completed application first to determine if you qualify to work with us before we will call you to schedule an interview.
Q: When does the application process begin for next summer?
A: The application process is from June 1 through May 1. The earlier you apply the better! Very few staff are selected after April 1 unless they meet certain needs and giftedness we are still looking for on our teams.
Q: What do I have to do to apply for camp?
A: Complete an application and schedule an interview by going to Fuge.com and clicking on "I Wanna be a FUGE Staffer."
Q: How do I choose an interview location for my personal interview for Fuge staff?
A: After completing all forms and submitting your application, you will be guided through a process where you will have the opportunity to either choose a location and a time for an interview or you may choose to schedule a SKYPE video conference.
Q: Do I get paid?
A: Yes. Salaries start at $225 per week. Staffers are paid bi-monthly.
Q: How long will I be at camp?
A: Camps usually run for 8 weeks. Teams train together for 10 days before campers arrive. A typical summer will be about 10 weeks.
Q: How old do I have to be?
A: You must turn 20 years of age by June 1st to work Centrifuge or M-Fuge.
Q: Do I get to choose where I go?
A: No. We take prayerful consideration to place the right people on the right team.
Q: What experience should I have?
A: We look for staff with experience in leading Bible study and experience in the specific track times for which they apply.
Q: Will I be trained?
A: We take 10 to 13 days to train staffers at the beginning of the summer. We will train each staffer in Bible Study, recreation, crisis situations, track time leadership, etc.
Q: How do I get to camp?
A: We will fly you to the camp location or give you up to $200 to bring your vehicle to camp. Have other questions? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.